Monday, January 11, 2010

On to 2010 January 4, 2010

Alright so lets see how did the mission go this week? This week was pretty slow because my companion is sick so he is not moving to quickly. It is kinda frustrating but I am going to push him hard this week though. Lets see, what else.

So our families- we had 4 investigators at church, but we should have had around 12 so we need to work on that. One of the families we have been teaching has a 6 week old baby that doesn't have a father. You know how things are here, people start having kids at 17, but any ways the family has decided that I am the father of the baby. So I take care of him. I gave him one of the blankets you sent me. The family really liked that.

Alright me and my comp walked around the lake the other day and contacted families and the lake is beautiful. Okay the lake itself is dirty, but the area around is beautiful. I am going to get some pictures and send them to you, but I will have to be careful. Also it is the perfect place to go kite surfing; super windy and beautiful.

Alright for some super cool customs:
A couple things, first we walked past the dump the other day and there was a pile of fresh cow bones that had just been brought to the dump. They had little to no meat on them and were on the dirt and super dirty, but the locals were just going crazy to get a bone and some meat. They had their huge knives and were just going nuts. It was sad to see how hungry and how bad they want to feed their families. I wish I could have got a picture, it was like something you would see in a national geographic magazine. Alright so the New Years custom. Starts out with hanging a duck upside down in the middle of the street some where between 8 to 10 feet high. Second part is you need some contestants for a game. The goal of the game is to rip the head off the duck with your bare hand while you ride your bike underneath at a reasonable speed. It is a New Years custom that happens every year in that neighborhood. The person that rips the head off gets the duck. You should do it as a church activity I think.

What else, I don't know. Well Happy New Year, set goals and have a good year. oh one more thing we went on splits the other day with members and the kid that went with me was 15 and he didn't talk the whole time. It was nice to talk to people and stuff because usually my companion never stops talking to let me get words in.

No comments:

Post a Comment