Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Conference April 5, 2010

> Hey there,

> So recap of the week. Well Tuesday I found out that my new comp. use to live in the Bronx in New York and is almost fluent in English. He watched conference in English with all the American Elders and I. Wednesday a guy that has been out of work shared a sweet spiritual story with us. I have seen this all play out in the last 2 months or so but lets just say he has a ton of faith. I will tell the story when I get home.

> Thursday one of the girls that lives in the house where we eat every day literally went crazy and took her son and ran away. So I got to learn more about the tough life of living in Nicaragua. Also we had a primary activity. We had 3 blow up pools out side and a pinata and food. It was fun. Every house here has a blow up pool, it is hilarious to see grown people always hanging out in their pool. Friday they found the girl and brought her home and now she is in the house and is depressed and hates her life. There is more to the story, but you don't need to know . Lets just say tough life.

> Saturday conference was amazing. We didn't do any thing all day because we didn't have time to leave the church and come back for the other sessions, so we were in the church all day long. Saturday night we got a bunch of phone calls from members in the ward that were worried about us because we didn't go eat and they didn't see us at conference. It was nice to see how much the members notice stuff and are always watching and always looking out and caring for los elderes.

> Sunday conference was great again. We had 1130 people in the chapel to watch the Sunday morning session and about 50 in the afternoon session, I thought that was real funny.

> So the talks were all really good and Sister Beck dominated the female race. If you weren't a good mother before I am sure you will be a good mother now after all she had to say (do you think that comment was for me? I guess he isn't sure if I am a good mother or not ha ha ha). All the talks were really good. Just as Pres. Thomas S . Monson said in the priesthood session, "it is the best session he has every heard". Once again Elder Holland blew every one out of the water and He is an amazing speaker. I don't remember what else, but I have a ton of notes to review.

> About my clothes, I still have all of them but I just wear the same tie every day and change between 3 different pants. Don't worry I haven't been robbed ....yet. (I got a letter from kyle in the mail last week saying that he was doing well and things were good as he could wash his tie out and wear it the next day, so I emailed him to ask what had happened to the rest of the clothes he too with him).
>
> So they say here that the past week is usually the hottest week of the year. I hope that's true because it is so hot.
>
> Anyways, Thanks for every thing good luck with this week.
> love ,
> Elder Bloomfield
>
> ps El Salvador is sweet. Every person I have meet from El Salvador is awesome (Kyle good friend from Arizona, Noah Cook, received his mission call to El Salvador. It will be fun having them so close and able to compare stories after their missions). That is cool there is so many leaving on missions (4 of Kyle's friends from our stake received their calls last week).

No comments:

Post a Comment