Monday, July 29, 2013

13 October 2011 Mission Complete!!!

(This entry is written by Mom - Kris Bloomfield)

Elder Bloomfield arrived home on Thursday Evening.  Kara flew in from Salt Lake City just a little bit before Kyle, so we all headed out to the airport and awaited both of their arrivals.  They were both right on time!!  It was so great to see Kyle as he came around the corner to where we could see him.  Of coarse we were all excited and screaming and crying.  It was an awesome sight to have him return home after completing a very successful 2 year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I have to admit, he looked a little worn from the well dressed boy we sent out 2 years previous.  His shoes were worn out, his shirt was discolored (yellow in the armpits with a brown tint to it), he had on tan pants that were not fitted and a black pinned stripped suit coat that was a little large for him, but he had the "Kyle Smile" that we all knew.  He also had a "New Smell" about him.  In fact the first thing the girls said is, "Kyle you Stink".  I think two years of eating beans and rice and what ever else they found had settled in on his body, but smell or no smell, we were sure glad he was home.  It was such a awesome feeling having us all (Mo also came to the airport with us) back together again.  We took a few pictures while waiting for his suitcase to come out from baggage claim at the airport.

Mo, Kyle and Travis posing for a photo????

Cassi, and Olivia happy to have their oldest brother home.

Once we got Kyle's bags, we headed for home.

So good to have him back!!

We decorated the table and house with a Flag from Nicaragua and Blue and White decorations (the colors of the flag).  We of coarse had Chicken and Cheese casserole (Kyle's favorite dish) in honor of Kyle's return.

We all loved just sitting around and listening to the adventures of the last 2 years of Kyle's life.

We missed this face around our home!!!

And this one too!!

And this smile!!!!

After dinner, we all loaded back in the car and headed to the Stake Center where Kyle was released by President Speirs as a Full-Time Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Pres. Speirs shared some thoughts with us and then had members of our family share thoughts as well as Kyle. It was a very bitter sweet night.  Kyle was a little more quiet as I am sure he was contemplating what this all meant.  His life would never be the same after the experiences he had just had over the last two years in all aspects of his life!!!!  He now has the challenge to decide what will come next in his life!!

Before doing anything else, Kyle wanted to go to the Temple and talk with the Lord about his last two years and what directions he should head in for his future.  Steve, Kyle, Kara and I all awoke early Friday morning and drove 2.5 hours to the Houston Temple.  We did a session in the Temple and then spent some time in the Celestial Room praying.  Kyle went off by himself for a period of time and talked with the Lord in Prayer.  It was a very tender time for all of us.  It was such a blessing to be in those circumstances with our two oldest children who had successfully completed their missions and were now ready to move on to the next stage of life - school and what ever it may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment