Tuesday, August 3, 2010

25 May 2010 "Reaping the benefits of long hours and hard work"

I was a witness for one of our marriages because no one else in this country has an ID. It is terrible. You have to spend so much money and time to get an ID here. A ton of people don't have ID's or birth certificates, let alone know their own birthday. It's rough here.

Yeah Elder Sanders (Last week Kyle needed his passport number (His passport is locked away at the mission office so they do not get stolen) so that he could be a witness as mentioned above to a wedding. I called the mission home in Nicaragua to have the Elders there pass it on to him. When I told them I was Kyle's Mom, Elder Sanders said "oh he is an awesome Elder, he is the talk of the mission right now as he just taught and baptized a family of 7. He is really doing great things down here". I mentioned to Kyle I had talked to Elder Sanders in my email, so that is why he is talking about him) is awesome.

We went on divisions Sunday morning to get people to church because supposedly Elder Clark the Area Seventy here was going to come to our ward, but he didn't come till 10:00, so he spoke in the other ward meeting. Kinda sucked but oh well.

So Tito (he is the 68 year old man that had the house keeper that Kyle went all oer town looking for to see if she wanted to marry Tito. He did find her, but she did not want anything to do with them and does not want to marry Tito, so Tito has agreed that nothing else will go on between them. When we talked to Kyle on Mother's Day, he said that he has really gotten to love Tito and they have a lot of fun together) didn't get baptized due to the fact that he had to work this weekend. He doesn't get much work so when he gets work he has to utilize what he can. We talked a lot with him last night and he is pumped to get baptized this next week end. Also we are baptizing 2 more families Saturday and we are going to end the month with 13 baptisms. That is really amazing. I baptized about a third of my baptisms in one month. I can't wait to see how the rest of the year turns out.


It makes me so sad every day to see the the little kids in the street with out a Dad or with out a Mom or with nothing. I read in doctrina y convenios section 18 verses 15 and 16 and if we can help some one, just one person come closer to God it will be all the better for every one.

Yeah, I need to sleep. I don't even realize when my alarm goes off any more. It goes of at 5am (from the first part of May, they decided as a mission to get up at 5:00am and get going earlier to find people that are up and about earlier each day) and while I am sleeping I turn it off and usually about 5 mins later, I roll over on top of my alarm and I always wonder how it got in my bed. But we are reaping the benefits.

Well I think that is all for now.

Love,
Elder Bloomfield

No comments:

Post a Comment