Monday, October 15, 2012

12 July 2011 Sanya, a girl we are teaching

I will tell you about the people I am teaching .....so first off, we have Sanyra, she is a single mom with a 3 year old son.  She is like 22 years old.  We were contacting and we came across her the first time we talked to her she had amazing questions like why are there so many churches and which one is true and stuff like that. We have continued to teach her but after 3 weeks she always said she would come to church but never came so we stopped teaching her and didn't pass by here house for that week and she randomly came to church this Sunday so now she has been to church 3 times and we are going to baptize her this Friday.  She knows like every thing about the church now.  Every thing that we have taught her she remembers it and puts it in practice.  It is way cool.  This last Friday, we were in her house teaching her and so we asked if she had a testimony and she started off saying no because her whole family is Catholic so she was thinking it can't be true or my family is all false.  Eventually she was like I cant lie,  I know the Book of Mormon is true and that the church is true.  Just to help her understand and grow her testimony I asked her to pray with us kneeling down on our knees.  So she prayed and it was a beautiful prayer, she asked for help and to really know if the stuff she had learned and read is true.  After the prayer we just stayed kneeling in silence feeling the spirit.  I asked her how she felt and she was like I feel RARO ( weird)  but then she said that it is a good weird and she knows that it is the spirit telling her the truth.  She then said she had only felt like that one other time in her whole life.  I am fortunate to feel those feeling every single day of my life, it is the blessing of the gospel.

This week was great as a zone we baptized 3 families, that is super good for our zone so we will see how the rest of this month goes.  We also have some new members in the ward that are really helping us out.  They planned the baptism and encargarse in every thing, so we just have to show up to the baptism.  That is the first time ever in my life that I have had to do that.  We have possibly 2 more families this week.  If we can baptize them that would be amazing.  Also it is District Conference this weekend so I am way pumped for that as President is coming and Elder Duarte.  Also I am pretty sure I am going to get a new President of our Branch.  So that will be nice.

I have no clue what I am going to do about college.  I will have to figure it out when I get home. I talked to Pres about the scholarship and it is the 2000 from the return missionary plus 500 dollars so 2500 in total. That is that,  but who knows what I am going to do.   BYU Idaho is a no go.  It is UVU or SVU but who knows.  We'll just have to see.

Well life is great here!
Love,
Elder Bloomfield


Olivia, 
We can go teach your friends when I get home.  If you want we can invite them over and we can watch one of the videos put out by the church cause little girls like to watch movies.  Then we can teach them a little about the church, sound good??  We will have to teach your friends parents cause we don't baptize kids we baptize families.

Well you should read the Book of Mormon and work so you are not bored in the house.  Invent something.  or get a job.
haha

Love you,

Elder Bloomfield

No comments:

Post a Comment